Monday, August 8, 2011

Beyond Method #5

I personally have a goodreads account and I have enjoyed it. I have the books I want to read and have already read. People will send ideas of books that they think I might enjoy and I'll often check them out.

I enjoy seeing that the other libraries have their own pages and I think we have some of our patrons that would really enjoy that.

Also they can keep track of what they read because we have them come in and ask us "Do you know if I read this?" So that would be beneficial.

I plan on checking out LibraryThing. More for the simple fact that it looks like it would be beneficial to know which I thought was more managable so I could refer them to it.

There are so many new tools I just wish we had enough time to sit and explain how it all works to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment